there is blood in my mucus when i sneeze or clear my throat. i also have a cold n cough and there is constant presence of blood for the past 2 days. ?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Blood in mucus: Greetings. The presence of blood in your mucus is common when you have a virus or a bacterial infection. The mucus membranes are irritated which leads to an increase in blood flow to fight off this infection. Saline nasal wash can help wash away the thickened secretions and help speed recovery and add moisture. If this persists after the infection clears, see your ENT doctor. Good Luck
Answered on Nov 1, 2015
1