i had this bump on my forehead but it never came to a head it went down but then it turned black and it's been that way since how can i get rid of it?

Dr. Ashwin Patel
Urgent Care 42 years experience
Surgical removal: The bump you had initially seems to be an infected sebaceous cyst (oil gland). The infection is gone without coming to head. When this happens it often leaves behind a firm cyst. The skin on it also often looks dark. Over a period of time it usually gets smaller and may go away. The best way to get rid of it is surgical removal, more for the cosmetic reasons, often not covered by insurances