i carelessly share drinking straw with hiv+ person. a mouth ulcer stay with me. any possible be infected if the straw was contaminated by saliva?

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
36 years experience Pain Management
Visit your PCP: I would advise you to have the ulcer examined by a primary care physician to help you with a diagnosis, treatment or referral to ENT.
Answered on Sep 24, 2016
1
Dr. Robert Douglas
51 years experience Orthodontics
It is highly unlikely but POSSIBLE that infected saliva could give you AIDS via a sore in your mouth. That said, the consequences are so dire that I would definitely see your physician, explain the problem and possibly get preventative treatment. Good luck.
Sep 24, 2016