U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hartford, CT
A 41-year-old female asked:

I have hip dysplasia and i am 41 years old what can i take for the pain?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 34 years experience
Ibuprofen: Ibuprofen or similar NSAID would be the best option for hip dysplasia w/ secondary osteoarthritis pain. Occassionally if one NSAID is not helpful your treating physician may try a different one.( not @ the same time). Narcotic pain medication is NOT a good option. Best of Luck.

Related questions

A 31-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 21-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 16, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.