FL

I now have what the dentist calls a visible, "healing cap" over my dental implant. does this mean it is just a screw cap and not an abutment?

Dr. Omid Vatan
21 years experience
Yes: A healing abutment is just a cover for the implant, but also allows the gum to form shape and get it ready for impressions to be taken for the abutment and crown that is to follow
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry 41 years experience
The good news is that after healing you can have the impression taken for the crown without the need to have a second surgery to expose the implant. That’s great news! Just be gentle during healing.
Sep 17, 2021

Last updated Sep 23, 2021