KY

why do i get hiccups so often when i drink? big red, coke, usually while drinking out of a straw.

Hiccups: Some people develop hiccups when they drink alcohol or carbonated beverages. Take care.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Hard to say.: some foods or drinks in certain forms give a person hiccups, it is an individual thing. Why one form of a food or drink causes hiccups in one person but not another, no one knows. I get hiccups every time I eat fluffy white rice with just butter & salt & pepper. In no other form does it happen. I think it is because there is more air in between the grains. With you, more bubbles/air in straw?
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Provided original answer
Oct 6, 2015