Pakistan

I've got cough for the past 4 days and it's really bad. when i wake up in the morning, i notice that i've blood in my sputum. plus i regularly smoke.

Dr. Janet Turkle
Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
Seek medical attenti: You need to quit smoking as that can certainly worsen the problem and prolong the course. It sounds like you need to see your doctor asap.
Dr. Sanober Butt
Pulmonology 20 years experience
Not good.: Smoking and now blood in sputum may suggest chronic bronchitis although serious causes like underlying lung cancer can not be excluded. Please discuss with your physician and at the very least a chest x ray is warranted.

Last updated Jun 23, 2016