I'm 19 year old male and 166 cm tall. is there a possibility that i can grow 3-5 cm in the next 3-4 years?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Christine Hom answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

It is possible you may still grow an inch or two after 19 years, but I would consider it very unlikely. That being said, would you be very unhappy if you were not 3-5 cm taller? Your height is genetically determined and there is very little that can be done to alter that. Your height is normal. Personally, I have often wished I were basketball-player height! It has not yet happened.

Answered Sep 20, 2015

2.3k views

Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

If you entered puberty the same time as your friends and your bone maturity is that of a 19 yo there is little you can do to increase your height.A single x-ray of your left hand can be assessed for bone maturity.If 19, you are done growing, if bony maturity is more like 15 you might grow an additional couple of inches.There are no magic solutions if your growth centers r closed.

Answered Sep 16, 2017

2.3k views