Naples, FL

My urine is dark and cloudy and smells foul. what could it be?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Infection: of the bladder is most likely. See a clinic and get a urinalysis done, a dipstick test could tell almost immediately. Meanwhile, drink plenty of liquids, cranberry juice being a good one.
Dr. Ashesh Patel
Depends: As a young female, the most likely source is a UTI or maybe not enough water intake. It could also be diet-related. It could be liver or kidney disease. There is not enough information to know exactly what you have. You can do a home urine test. Then, I recommend that you see your primary care physician so that he/she can get more history from you, exam you and do more formal blood/urine tests.
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Specializes in Internal Medicine
INFECTION: It might be an indicator of dehydration and infection, have it checked out
Last updated Sep 21, 2015