U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Iran, Islamic Republic of
A 21-year-old male asked:

I'm transman & taking testosterone.how can i prevent from gaining weight & baldness?what dosage should i take?now i take 250ml per 3 weeks.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 25 years experience
Need supervision: The female to male transition. During this process, transgender men take androgens. This usually stops their monthly periods. Androgens cause women to grow hair on their faces. It makes the clitoris grow. Transgender people should see their doctor every 3 months for the first year of treatment if not more. Then 1-2 x per year after. The doctor tests the hormone levels to decide appopriate dose.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.