PA

i took my first shot of depo in august . does my period stop right after the first one or does if take a while to stop?

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Varies: usually takes more than one shot to stop menses

When will I start getting my period again?

Dr. Amy Herold
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
After breastfeeding: Some women get their period back within a few months, some women don't get it for almost a year or more. If you are still breastfeeding you will likely not get your period until you stop or until you are feeding less frequently than every 5 hours or so, usually once your baby starts sleeping through the night.

I always kno when my period will start bc I get cramps but when ur going to miss ur period will u still "feel like" ur getting ur period?

Dr. Allison Greco
Dr. Allison Greco answered
General Practice 9 years experience
Take preg test: Are you currently using any form of birth control? If you're not, and there is a chance you may be pregnant, you should take a pregnancy test to see if this is the cause of your symptoms. If you have recently started using some sort of birth control (or are using it to skip a period), these symptoms can be very common. You may also want to be evaluated for other menstrual disorders by your doctori.

How long after starting the pill will it take to get my period?

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Depends: The pill is designed to imitate pregnancy so while you are on the pill you should not get a period though sometimes spotting may occur. Usually during the week of placebo pills ( ones not containing medication) you can get your period. There are some women who don't menstruate at all while on the pill. This can be because of a thinning of the lining of the uterus.
Miami, FL

First time using BC but was told to wait until I get my period to start. I want to start tomorrow but still haven't gotten period. What will happen?

Dr. Malina Milan
Nothing: It will just reset your cycle and you may have some irregular bleeding. Make sure to use condoms the first month that you are on the pill. Sometimes you want to wait until your period comes to make sure you are not pregnant when starting the pill. Take care!
Miami, FL

I need to start BC this week so I can skip next cycle for vacation. I still haven't gotten this months period so if I start will I still get my period?

Dr. Ifeoma Nnaji
Probably not: starting OCP's at this stage, will likely keep you without period. Its sort of like the idea behind OCP's like seasonale and seasonique - the kind that allows you to have your period every 12wks. Good health.

Last updated Sep 2, 2016