Plano, TX

4 u bridge 11-14 broke near connector. will do implant. would #14 get exposed if we section it and re use the crowns on #14 or # 11. other ideas?

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Possibility : While your solution is a possibility, the issues you face in trying to use the #11 & #14 abutments is that the porcelain may break when sectioning the bridge and the contact areas in the the distal of #11, medial of #14 may not be ideal & the tooth structure on the abutments might become exposed. Otherwise, in my opinion it is worth a try, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Careful Analysis: I would suggest that your bite be carefully assessed regarding prematurities, grinding, and clenching. If you broke a bridge, you can certainly break an implant. If the crowns on 11 & 14 fit well, then section the pontics and keep those crowns.