it started like a boil and i applied hot compresses to bring it to a head. it kept hurting really bad. eventually it started going down but now it spr?

Dr. Carol Jacobs
Specializes in Pediatrics
Get checked: Any boil always makes me think of MRSA infection these days especially if there is a lot of pain. At your age you must factor in any underlying health issues like diabetes or impaired immune system. I would have this checked very soon especially if you develop fever and body aches. http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa
Answered on Jan 14, 2017