allergic to vancomycin iv drip in the past (red man), also allergic to neosporin and topical bacitracin which gave me a rash. any natural rash cures?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Vancomycin: "red nan syndrome" is rather a side effect not a true allergy, can be avoided by slower infusion rate of the drug, if you you are allergic to neosporin or bacitracin applied topically, better avoid using them, as for the rash, I am not sure what kind and what is the possible cause, need to be seen, if you can't see a doctor at the moment,try hydrocortisone cream 1% OTC for now, till u c ur doctor
Answered on Sep 3, 2015