What is the best med. for insomnia. on arimidex (anastrozole) for breast cancer and can't sleep.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kris Gast answered

Specializes in Radiation Oncology

Trouble sleeping: Having trouble sleeping is a common problem When you don't get a restful nite sleep you are at risk for health issues and pain is worse as well as the tendency to eat junk food. Try turning off all electronic, and put down the book 30 min prior to sleep. Make the room cold and dark. As meds go I like Elavil (amitriptyline) or amitryptline for my pts. It's an old antidepressant but at low dose helps you sleep.

Answered 8/31/2015

2.3k views

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Sleep hygiene: Avoid coffee after 12noon, excercise daily,avoid day time naps, try lighted rooms during the day or outdoors, sleep in rooms that have no lights. Get up if after 30 minutes you can not sleep. If all that fell medications like Melatonin has less side effects. Other meds include Trazdone, Ambien (zolpidem)

Answered 8/31/2015

2.3k views