What is the best med. for insomnia. on arimidex (anastrozole) for breast cancer and can't sleep.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kris Gast answered

Specializes in Radiation Oncology

Having trouble sleeping is a common problem When you don't get a restful nite sleep you are at risk for health issues and pain is worse as well as the tendency to eat junk food. Try turning off all electronic, and put down the book 30 min prior to sleep. Make the room cold and dark. As meds go I like Elavil (amitriptyline) or amitryptline for my pts. It's an old antidepressant but at low dose helps you sleep.

Answered Aug 31, 2015

2.3k views