OR

I have scoliosis and hurt my tailbone when i was 9. the pain never went away. yesterday i slipped and fell down a flight of stairs. now i can barely move, even a fart hearts. what can i do?

Dr. Scott Mcgovern
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
Tailbone pain: Falling on stairs suggests you landed on your buttocks and may have injured your coccyx (aka tailbone.). This is often treated conservatively with a "donut" or wedge pillow whenever sitting and anti inflammatory medications. It can take 2-3 months to feel better. It is important to confirm the diagnosis with a visit to your PCP or orthopaedist. You may need X-rays to be sure there is no fracture.

Last updated Jul 20, 2016