44y f balding crown, fatigue, unexplainable weight gain (30+lbs). eating right, walking 4 miles 5 days a week. thyroid test normal. any ideas?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John Thaler
41 years experience Prosthodontics
Endocrinologist: See the Endocrinologist for evaluation soon. The weight gain without explanation is of concern. Also the other 2 require investigation. Should get full work-up including bloodwork , and any follow-up testing. Possible that it is menopause rearing its ugly head. Better to get the expert evaluation. Good Luck.
Answered on Aug 16, 2015
Dr. Donald Colantino
Weight gain: I recommend that you consult a dietician to find out for sure whether your diet is a proper one for someone who is overweight and wants to lose weight the right way. I n view of the hair loss,fatigue and weight gain, I would double check a full thyroid panel of tests. Discuss this with your physician.
Answered on Aug 16, 2015