hello, i am 6 wks post op lap hyst (ovaries kept) & masturbated with a toy a little while ago & now my belly button area hurts. i wasn't over zealous or rough, just wanted to know i can still climax. i had a light amount of blood after on my tissue but on

Dr. Brian Clear
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Pushing it a little: A wound usually regains 50% of tissue strength after 6 weeks which is considered the bare minimum amount of time to wait before sex after even minor vaginal wound repairs. You may be being a little optimistic after a hysterectomy. Your surgeon is the one to tell you when it is safe to resume penetrative intercourse or masturbation. In the meantime, clitoral stimulation is perfectly fine.
Answered on Aug 12, 2015