GB

Can you put fucidin cream on abscess? i have one at the crease of where my upper thigh meets my right buttock. its like a very painful but not white.

Dr. Jeffry Gill
Open or closed?: An abscess is a collection of pus. If you have a skin abscess and it has not yet opened, no medicine on the skin will help. If it is swollen but pus has not formed, then moist heat can sometimes help. In many cases it is wise for a doctor to drain it--see one! If it HAS opened, then the drainage of pus is the only thing needed for it to start healing; keep it clean and open as best you can.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 26, 2018