U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Monsey, New York
A 67-year-old male asked:

I'm very constipated could you recommend what i should do please?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Miralax (polyethylene glycol): If your constipation is chronic, pl make sure that you and your physician determine the cause of your constipation for N effective long term solution. In the meantime, OTC stool softeners and laxative like Miralax (polyethylene glycol). Pl continue to ensure adequate fiber intake as well as fluids like water to feel better
Dr. Gerald Morris
Internal Medicine 15 years experience
Constipation: There are many reasons for constipation. You need to see your PCP to discuss the possibilities and for a full history f the constipation: Possible causes are prescription meds; chronic medical illnesses and also dietary preferences. A thorough exam is needed to better understand whats causing the issue.

Related questions

A 21-year-old female asked about a 26-year-old male:
Is any surgery recommends for constipation?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked about a 26-year-old male:
Can milk be recommended for constipation?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Can you recommend a good natural constipation remedy?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
What medicine can you recommend to a new born baby for constipation?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 9, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.