how do one learn to love their self? it's really hard for me. i doubt myself all the time & believe i'm ugly, i don't matter,i don't have a voice. psy

4 doctor answers
Dr. Andrew Berry
13 years experience Clinical Psychology
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Answered on Oct 21, 2019
Dr. Krishna Kumar
54 years experience Psychiatry
Low Self-esteem: I understand you distress. I commend you for wanting to love yourself. • Focus on your achievements in school, college, and work. • Feel satisfaction from these. • Feel pride in some big achievements. • Respect yourself, who you are, and set small goals to improve • Say I doubt myself sometimes, NOT all the time. • Say I am OK, NOT ugly. • Say, I have a voice! And I matter! See a Therapist.
Answered on Nov 20, 2019
Dr. Michael Perez
We all have doubts : we all have doubts and what we can do is prepare and do our best. We cannot read other people’s minds. They probably are preoccupied by their own worries and don’t see all you think they see. They could use a smile and a greeting from you asking how they are doing. You may be the only person asking that day. You do need to talk to someone you can trust about your feelings. Find one, even by phone
Answered on Oct 21, 2019
Dr. Bernard Seif
39 years experience Clinical Psychology
Self-esteem: In addition to the other good advice you received, work on letting go of the illusion that everyone else is better than you, knows, more, is perfect, etc. No one is. We just do our best. Please see a clinical psychologist or a prudent spiritual leader for support and clarification of the way you view yourself and life. Your family doc can help to make sure you are physically healthy too.Peace,
Answered on Oct 21, 2019