Memphis, TN

If i was 8 wks pregnant on ultrasound 12/18/14 when did i conceive ? & was it accurate? cause i'm getting 10/19/14 conceiving date for 8wks

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Understanding data: The difference between precise and accurate here. When I measure a length with a ruler I am always making an approximation. Was it 8 " or was it really 8 1/4" or was it really 8 3./16 or maybe 8 11/64" and so forth each time getting closer to the "true" length. Similarly with the measurements made by the ultrasonographer he is trying to estimate the fetus' true gestatioal age.
Dr. Louis Paolillo
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Conception : If you were 8 was gestation on Dec 18th, then you conceived on or around November 5th or 6th. The accuracy is very good when having an ultrasound this early in pregnancy . I hope this information helps Dr PAOLILLO
Last updated Aug 3, 2015