U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
North Newton, KS
A 19-year-old female asked:

Had a spot that looked like a mosquito bite. now is dark red with puss under it. what bit me? and should i be concerned.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Skin abscess: You must be seen, examined, evaluated and treated. I t is impossible to tell you which insect did this; however, a small, white, hard area can be from fire-ants. If you see yellow or yellow green pus, you must be examined.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 31, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.