why are there white spots on my finger nails?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
White spots: could be normal
Answered on Aug 2, 2015
Dr. Harold Fields
White spots: try increasing your calcium intake,for example milk
Answered on Apr 22, 2016
Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience Emergency Medicine
Injury: These are usually the result of small injuries to the nailplate, just under the nail. Not serious and not to worry about as long as they are small and only a couple on several nails.
Answered on Aug 2, 2015
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
No specific: reason but they are harmless
Answered on Apr 22, 2016
Dr. Kenny Chuu
VisualDX: Hi, it’s hard to say without a picture but there is a great app that may be able to help you get a diagnosis without being seen in person by a dermatologist. The app is called VisualDX and is one of the best, if not the best out there. Many clinicians, including myself, use it. Just snap a photo and it gives you a list of possible diagnoses. Good luck!
Answered on Dec 28, 2017