U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

My neck cracks all the time when i moved my head and it can be painfull at times is there any tablets i can take for it or do i need to see my doctor ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Chiropractor: You should see a chiropractor. He/she can help get your neck in proper alignment and work to strengthen it so it makes less "rice krispies" and does not hurt. Very few traditional medicine options for hypermobility in setting of subluxed vertebrae.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.