FL

Pt has white bump with redness around it in a ring shape. states that it itches only in center. there is minimal swelling and area is not scaled. started itching yesterday thought it was mosquito bite. noticed red ring today. pt is working at a camp so

Dr. Gregory Tichenor
Emergency Medicine 34 years experience
Need more info: Your question got truncated so I'll answer the best I can. In short, without more info it is hard to advise. It sounds like a bite of some kind but the cause is often impossible to determine. The treatment, if any, is often determined by what is possible in the area/season where it occurred. This time of year in the US, tick-born illness should be considered.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 25, 2015