I don't know if it is a allergic reaction to the sun or my sunscreen but every time i go out for a long time in the sun i get scratchy bumps that sting a lot and i usually have to stay the rest or the day in my bed?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
? solar urticaria: Yes, there is such thing, allergy to sun rays, you may want to avoid sun exposure from 10 am -4 pm, limit exposure if you have to, use heavy sun screen UPF > 50, that if u have to stay outdoors, also 2nd generation OTC antihistamines taken regularly, will help, you need evaluation hy an allergist/dermatologist as other treatment modalities with correct diagnosis, like phototherapy, are available,

Last updated Jul 16, 2015