A member asked:

I've been getting frequent heartburn symptoms added with fatigue and loss of appetite, in addition to loose stools for the past 5 days, any ideas? thx

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Heartburn: The combination of heartburn and loose stools may be due to gastroenteritis which could be viral. Black stools would suggest bleeding from the stomach lining and could explain fatigue. Follow a bland light diet,avoid alcohol,caffeine and nicotine. Prilosec relieves heartburn and kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) reduces diarrhea.See your physician if symptoms don't improve.

Answered 7/12/2015

2.6k views

Thank

I recommend ...: Acid reflux with associated infection with a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori can cause these symptoms. I recommend seeing your doctor for evaluation for this

Answered 6/12/2017

2.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more