MO

My son was circumcised at birth and he is 15 months now. the skin looks like it is growing back around the head of his penis. what should i do?

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
49 years experience
Circumcision : I suggest that you wait until he is few years older, it can get better as he is growing. But if you see no change then, he might need to redo it under general anaestethia. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Talk with his doc: Sometimes the edges of the remaining foreskin will stick to the barb of the penis and gradually creep up.This can be something that forms a strong skin attachment (adhesion) or might be loosened with effort. Sometimes the bond is so strong that it would need to be surgically released. I would have the kids doc look at it and help you decide when or if anything should be done.
Last updated Nov 4, 2016