Silver Spring, MD

Is the pain in my sty supposed to spread to my eyelid.?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Sometimes: A stye is like a pimple on or in the lid. A pimple on the face, because of deep skin attachments stays in one spot. On the lid, there are no deep attachments because the lid requires mobility, so the inflammation can diffuse over a broad area of the lid. So it commonly will. Treatment is best started with topical very warm packs applied frequently. If that fails then see your ophthalmologist.
Dr. Anjana Jindal
Ophthalmology 18 years experience
Stye: If the stye is worsening despite warm compresses you should be evaluated by an eyemd. Infection can sometimes spread and require treatment with antibiotics. Some also require drainage in the office.