Chandler, AZ

My son has an appearance of an athletic heart, the left ventricular shortening fraction is 35% and ejection is 66? is that normal?

Pathology 45 years experience
Good for him: An athletic heart is good -- bigger than the "normals" for couch potatoes, just as a strength athlete builds his biceps. Many physicians seldom see it and get all excited (or scared because of the lawyers) and feel a need to work it up. These numbers are good.
Dr. George Mathew
Cardiology 59 years experience
Normal.: The lv ejection fraction is normal.Please check with the md.
Dr. Richard Humes
42 years experience
Normal: These numbers are completely normal. I presume that his heart was also a bit enlarged, or someone suspected that. But the numbers you relate are all normal.
Last updated Feb 27, 2015