U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

I use a -0.75 eye glass but still can't see from a distance, should i change it?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Yes: If you do not see well with your current lenses, you should see an eye doctor and have your eyes examined and your prescription checked. It is not common for your prescription to change over time, but you should have an eye exam whenever you notice any changes in your vision.
Dr. Avi Bitton
Ophthalmology 43 years experience
Yes: Important to have them checked by an eye doctor. Very possibly correctable with a better eyeglass prescription, but you want to make sure that there are no other problems causing this.
Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology 19 years experience
Need new glasses: You most likely need new glasses, but you should be evaluated by your ophthalmologist to make sure there is no other cause for your blurred vision such as cataracts, dry eye, or many other causes.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.