United Kingdom

do ct scans pick up early stages or stages of ovarian cancer and colon cancer?

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Not necessarily: CT scan testing does not have a high enough resolution to pick up early stages of cancer.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Yes/No: For early detection of Cancer, there are well defined screening guidelines which your primary care physician can share with you and guide you. For Colon cancer CT scan is not a good screening test. Instead Colonoscopy is the best test,but it is to be done> 40 years of age unless you have any symptoms like rectal bleeding or abdominal pain. Best thing you can do is to have an annual Physical exam.