New York, NY

I had a cold & sinus infection 10 days, finally clearing up. my top set of side teeth now feel very sensitive. how long does this last? what can i do?

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 10 years experience
It well go away: its may be because the roots of those sensitive teeth are in the sinus floor, when you have sinus infection or inflammations ,the teeth in that quadrant become sensitive to changes of temperature and pressure. Just maintain good oral hygiene and take the proper Ned's for your sinus and the condition well improve.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Very common: also called a dental sinus. Very common when the roots of the upper molar teeth are in close proximity with the sinus area. Removing the dental and gum infection is the only successful treatment for a dental sinus. See your dentist for consultation and treatment.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020