U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Canada
A 32-year-old female asked:

Accidentally ate a really mouldy cinnamon roll (white mould)! dangerous? if i was to get sick, how long would it take from eating the mould?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Roberts
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Possible: The danger is small, but real, as a small number of mould species produce toxins called mycotoxins (fungal toxins). Even if present, unless conditions were just right, no toxins may have been formed. Most cases recognized have occurred by ingestion of foods made from contaminated grains. So, it is unlikely that you will have any ill effects, impossible to say when.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 60-year-old female asked about a 60-year-old female:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 12, 2015

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.