I'm 16&have untreated plagiocephaly , i wore a helmet as a baby, but it didn't help treat it. i suffer from a daily migraine disorder, could this be linked to it? and is it treatable? i hate the shape of my head!! thank you!!

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Daily headache : If have daily headaches, wheather related to the shape of your head or not , it is time to see a neurologist for neurological exam, evaluatiom & work up. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 51 years experience
Not related to shape: Your migraine headaches are unlikely to be related to your head shape. You should see a neurologist for help with treatment of the headaches. At this time, altering your head shape will be a very difficult issue since the bones of your skull have been fused for many years.
Dr. Edward Seegers
aka "flat head syndrome" : A benign condition that causes no significant medical repercussion later in life. None. Migraine has its own etiology.
Jun 11, 2015
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Same idea
Jun 12, 2015
Dr. Richard Roberts
You are not your head shape.
Oct 31, 2015
Dr. Richard Roberts
You were treated.: If you wore a helmet as an infant, that was the only and best treatment for altering head shape then and now. It would have beeneffectie to some degree. Did you have craniosynostosis? Are you sure the diagnosis of plagiocephaly was correct?

Last updated Feb 11, 2017