FL

am a patient on daily warfarin needing to limit vitamin k intake. a kiwi fruit has 70% of recommended k as listed on label. is this too much k?

Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Emergency Medicine 29 years experience
Vitamin K: Yes Kiwi would have higher levels than you would want. You need to avoid Vitamin K1. Warfarin will effect bone density and can cause osteoporosis and increase calcium deposits in the arteries of the heart. You may take vitamin K2M7 up to 100 mcg daily to avoid these side effects without affecting your INR. Other foods high in K are spinach, broccoli, cabbage, liver, egg yolks and tomatoes