Elmhurst, IL

Weak/sore upper arms, tremors, somewhat weak legs, stiff neck, tingling in feet and fingers, dizziness for months. got mri, clean. i'm 17, what is it?

Dr. Nisha Manek
Specializes in Rheumatology
Weakness, dizziness: Hi Alec: You've had symptoms for several months. Did you have an infection prior to these symptoms starting? I am assuming the MRI was the spine (or brain?). In any case, an evaluation by a neurologist is essential. There are several possibilities, and best to see a specialist like neurology. Good luck!
Dr. Nisha Manek
Dr. Nisha Manek commented
Specializes in Rheumatology
Provided original answer
Glad to know you've seen a neurologist. I think a face to face evaluation with a rheumatologist will be helpful also.
Jun 4, 2015
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Specializes in Family Medicine
Labs: sssuming you had labs done like thyroid, ANA, sed rate, B12 to name a few.
Dr. Nisha Manek
Dr. Nisha Manek commented
Specializes in Rheumatology
I agree with Dr. McGowan RE: Lab tests. The rationale for a rheumatology evaluation is that the history we have on this forum is very limited. A rheumatologist would plumb more details and carefully examine for signs e.g., of blood vessel inflammation (also known as vasculitis). Vasculitis can present and mimic many conditions including infections.
Jun 4, 2015

Last updated Dec 31, 2016