United Kingdom

I have a burning sensation that comes and goes at the back left hand side of my head and a little down the back of my neck. it feels almost like acid. it is not painful but rather disconcerting. ?

Dr. Shahruq Sarela
Burning : A burning sensation like acid flavor support gastritis, and I recommend taking tums (calcium carbonate) over the counter and see if this helps. Try to avoid chocolate, acidic foods, tomatoes, lemons as these can worsen gastritis or GERD
Dr.
Pinched nerve?: Hi, perhaps a pinching, or irritation of the C2 / C3 nerves that supply that area? Take some time, notice if there is pattern to this, worse with certain activity / posture? Eased by Ibuprofen? Does it come more often in periods when you are under a degree of physical / mental stress? If it persists, becomes severe, or you get similar symptoms in other parts of your body then do see your GP

Last updated Feb 25, 2020