Las Vegas, NV

vericose / spider veins on ankles feet and leg ? just started happening ?causes?

Dr. Aruna Bakhru
ChronicVenousStasis: there can be many causes, the most common are chronic venous stasis. Some people are more prone due to weakness of the venous connective tissue, long hrs of standing, aging. Certain health conditions can also make one prone. There are many options available if it is a cosmetic concern that you can discuss with your doctor.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Valves: These see very common and are usually associated with the development of problems with the valves in the veins themselves. When these valves fail to function properly, blood can pool in the leg and cause a dilatation of the superficial veins. I would not hesitate to be seen for it.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Food doesn't matter.: Varicose and spider vein problems are most commonly due to many factors including hereditary, pregnancies, aging , hormones and trauma. The underlying problems with varicose veins is malfunctioning (refluxing) of the valves of the saphenous system of veins. If you have a vein problem then you should see a vein specialist for a full venous evaluation including a venous ultrasound.