NJ
A male asked:

male 31yrs. getting sharp headaches lasting 1-2 seconds since about 10 days. history: lumbar radiculopathy last year-brought under control by therapy?

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
Ice Pick headaches: Variant of Migraine headaces , could also be related to cluster headaches. The cause is unkonown. See your doctor . Antiinflammatory drugs helps. A shot of Toradol and Decadron (dexamethasone) has been used to get fast response to pain.
Dr. Donald McCarren
Neurology 36 years experience
Paroxysms of pain: I would need more info to be of help- Where does the pain start on your head and does it radiate? What is the quality of the pain (i,e, sharp, pounding like you pulse, squeezing...)? What is the severity (0-10)? Does it change with exertion? What are the associated symptoms if any? What is the response to any therapeutic measures?