India

My eyes keep burning and they often get teary. should i just keep washing them with cold, clean water or should i opt for medication? thank you!

Dr. Constance Okeke
ophthalmology 22 years experience
Sounds like Dry eyes: Dry eyes are an often the culprit of many symptoms in the eye which can include burning, stinging, tearing, foreign body sensation, tiredness, heaviness, blurred vision and eye pain. You can have some or all of the symptoms or even none of the symptoms and have dry eye. I would suggest starting with using over-the-counter artificial tears and a warm compress on the eye to see if that helps!
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Dryness v. allergy: You could have either some degree of dryness or an allergic problem. If the vision is fine and the eyes are not red, then you can ask your pharmacist for an anti allergic eye drop. If that, or artificial tears, do not help, then see your ophthalmologist.

Last updated Jun 26, 2018