U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Portland, OR
A 18-year-old female asked:

Is there a way i can cure my anxiety? it's quite intense and sometimes leads to depression. causes to much stress for me.

3 doctor answers13 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Start w med eval.: There are a # of ways to address anxiety: Cognitive behavioral therapy, behavior modification, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, psychotropic medications, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Acupuncture, Acupressure, Homeopathy, meditation, Yoga, exercise program or Progressive muscle relaxation.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology 16 years experience
See below: Talk to your physician to see if there is a physical basis for anxiety, work on finding out what makes you anxious. Try to establish daily routine to bring some predictability in your day; practice deep breathing, relaxation/ guided imagery (you can find scripts on the web); you can work with a therapist to help you guide through the process. Consider medication, if symptoms become overwhelming.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
This is good advice. If you are in an impossible pr chaotic living situation / relationship, see help in getting out. Best wishes.
Mar 12, 2016
Last updated Aug 24, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.