U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have eye infection due to my contacts what kind of eye drops should i buy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
See ophthalmologist: Eye infections from contacts are usually ulcerations that can be very serious. You should not self-treat this but should immediately see an ophthalmologist. There are no over the counter eyedrops for this condition. Take out the lens and get help immediately.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 34-year-old female asked:
How long does a common eye infection last just been given drops for it?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
How common are eye infections from contacts?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
How clear an eye infection from contacts naturally?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
Should it be okay to wear contacts after an eye infection?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Dec 29, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.