U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old member asked:

What's wrong with my eyes. it feels swollen and is very red around the pupil. my vision isn't impaired though. is it some kind of infection?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
Maybe: Redness around the cornea overlying the white of the eye is a non-specific finding. It could be a sign of bacterial or viral conjunctivitis but it could be a lot of other issues. You should see an eye doctor if it worsens or do not resolve. You could try artificial tears in the meantime.
Dr. Michael Mund
Ophthalmology 60 years experience
Red eyes: Your description of your symptoms indicates some significant inflammatory problem in your eyes.See your ophthalmologist for an exam.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.