What's wrong with my eyes. it feels swollen and is very red around the pupil. my vision isn't impaired though. is it some kind of infection?

Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Maybe: Redness around the cornea overlying the white of the eye is a non-specific finding. It could be a sign of bacterial or viral conjunctivitis but it could be a lot of other issues. You should see an eye doctor if it worsens or do not resolve. You could try artificial tears in the meantime.
Dr. Michael Mund
Ophthalmology 59 years experience
Red eyes: Your description of your symptoms indicates some significant inflammatory problem in your eyes.See your ophthalmologist for an exam.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016