Woodbridge, VA

i've been recently been having pain in my lower abdomen area on the right side. it would hurt slightly throughout the day and sometimes would give me a sharp pain for a sec or two. would you have any guesses on what it could be.

Dr. David Ziring
Pediatric Gastroenterology 22 years experience
Difficult to say: the lower right side of your abdomen is where the end of your small intestine sits (your terminal ileum) and where your appendix is located. But without any other symptoms, it's unlikely to be either Crohn's disease or appendicitis. Your doctor may want to evaluate by obtaining some more history, a careful physical exam, and select blood tests.

Last updated Dec 22, 2020