New York, NY

been on hydroxyzine for a month now with amazing results on both anxiety and allergies, is it safe to use this drug long term?

Dr. Roxanne Lewis
Specializes in Clinical Psychology
Yes, but: Hydroxyzine has very little usefulness for Anxiety in the long term. It is primarily an allergy medicine. It is usually prescribed for short term use--and not at all recommended for Anxiety, but it has a following of folks who use it. Best to look into some therapy and working on your anxiety rather than relying on a phenothiazine and anti-histamine for your issues. Best to solve your issues.