U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 56-year-old female asked:

Knee and ankle pain caused by misalignment after ankle sprain 2 years ago. is there a way to treat misalignment? need surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Fred Birnbaum
Podiatry 45 years experience
Orthotics: changes in your walk after the injury might be the cause. Get an evaluation from your local podiatrist. Foot orthotics aimed at re-aligning your gait may help before resorting to surgery
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 30, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.