U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Arab Emirates
A 33-year-old female asked:

Is there a way for an at risk person to detect early changes (via blood tests etc) that usually precipitate development of non-hodgkins lymphoma?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Maricer Escalon
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology 23 years experience
Yes: Seeing your general doctor regulary for check-ups and physical exams is the best way. Sometimes you can see signs of lymphoma in a blood test, like a high LDH, but this is not an effective screening method. Only if your doctor suspects that you may have lymphoma should she order further testing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 28, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.