I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative. According to my period tracker I am 7 or 8 days late. Am I not pregnant?

48 years experience in Pathology
Unlikely: Did you have unprotected sex? If you did the test correctly and it was negative at 8 days after a missed period, you are unlikely to be pregnant. You may repeat the test in 3-4 days, if you do not get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.
Answered on Apr 29, 2015
1